Mike Shea of Sly Flourish and Michael Mallen, practicing psychologist and author of the Id DM D&D blog, discuss the psychology of the gaming table. This podcast discusses some of Mallen’s excellent studies into the mind of the players and the dungeon master and statistical studies of the Penny Arcade D&D podcasts.
Psychology of D&D (70 minutes, 69 MB)
- I am the Entertainer and I Know Just Where I Stand
- I’m a Bad DM, Now What?
- Penny Arcade Combat Encounter Analysis
- Analyzing Combat Encounters, Returning to the Penny Arcade Podcasts
- Riot Acts: The Dungeon Master Experience
- Power Options, Status Effects, and Mutual Assured Destruction
- Rule-of-Three: 12/19/2011