Episode 7 of the Dungeon Master Guys is here, fresh from our post-Thanksgiving gaming.
As always, email us, leave a comment, or leave a voicemail on 305-349-3026 (make sure to say it’s for the DM Guys) and we’ll try to answer it in a future show.
In this episode:
- Chatty DM talked to the Gnome Stew crowd about their Eureka GM guide, a book featuring hundreds of fleshed out adventure/campaign hooks, arranged by genres. Martin Ralya tells us about the book and, along with Phil Vecchione and John Arcadian, shared stories about making it.
- Dave The Game interviewed Tracy, also known as Sarah Darkmagic, about being a new DM running a game for experienced players.
- Newbie DM talked about his tips for encouraging roleplaying.
- The DM Guys answer two listener questions.
Stuff mentioned in this episode:
- Eureka: 501 Adventure Plots to Inspire Game Masters (available in print and PDF from their store, or from DriveThruRPG)
- Engine Publishing
- Silvervine Games
- Gnome Stew’s Top 30 Game Mastering Articles
- Penny Arcade D&D Podcast
- Some ways for new DMs to create roleplaying opportunities
- Screenwriting books
- Bambi vs. Godzilla
- “What you Want” (ver. 2) by Kevin MacLeod
The Dungeon Master Guys, Episode 7 (47 mins, 22 MB)