Our long-awaited (don’t say delayed) post-Gen Con episode! Chatty DM, Dave the Game, and Newbie DM are back from Gen Con, well rested, and you get to hear some of the great interviews we did during and after the convention. This extra long episode features two great interviews from Gen Con, and one interview following up on an announcement that happened at Gen Con. But even if you didn’t go or will never go to the convention, you’ll still find something to help your DMing.
What we didn’t do was answer any reader questions… because we don’t have any! Email us, leave a comment, or leave a voicemail on 305-349-3026 (make sure to say it’s for the DM Guys) and we’ll try to answer it in a future show.
Warning: this podcast contains some explicit language (mainly from Luke Crane.)
In this episode:
- Chatty DM asks Luke Crane “What can GMs learn from Gen Con?”
- Newbie DM talks to Mike Shea of Sly Flourish about epic-level play
- Dave the Game and Chatty DM interview Chris Perkins, Creative Manager for D&D, about being a killer DM
Stuff mentioned in the show:
- Free Market
- WotC New Product Seminar
- Sly Flourish’s DM Tips Book
- Chris’s Iomanda campaign
- Aeofel’s Return (in Chris Sims’s PAX Report)
- “What you Want” (ver. 2) by Kevin MacLeod
The Dungeon Master Guys, Episode 5 (45 mins, 43 MB)