Two weeks ago I posted about our stockpile of sweet prizes that we’re looking to give away and started a series of contests with the Inquisition about coming up with contest ideas for us to use! In an excellent twist on this contest, we’re actually going to have two winners!
The first winner for our contest-of-contests is: highbulp!
Highbulp was the first to suggest an idea that Dave and I have had floating in limbo for a long time – a Scavenger Hunt on Critical Hits. We were never quite sure how it would go over, but thanks to the comments on the contest post we are going ahead with it and feel that highbulp should be rewarded for being the first to bring it up.
But wait, there’s more! The second winner today is the person who presented the idea for our next contest that starts with this post, Twitterquest! Congratulations to Neuroglyph for this excellent idea:
“Have gamers tweet an entire adventure ‘pitch’ to you (maximum 140 characters obviously), and judge it upon which one can be most taken from tweet text to polished adventure with the minimum of skullsweat. You could call it Twitterquest…”
An excellent idea, so we’re kicking it off…right now!
Here’s how to enter Twitterquest: Submit your best adventure pitch to us in 127 characters or fewer via Twitter, Facebook, or a comment here on this post. Please only one entry per person per venue/site, so you yourself can submit three unique ideas – one on Facebook, one on Twitter, and one in a comment here.
- Twitter: All you have to do to enter via twitter is follow @criticalhits, then send a message with your entry starting with @criticalhits followed by your entry. Make sure that you’ve included @criticalhits first in your message so we can see it.
- Facebook: Become a fan of Critical Hits on Facebook and submit your entry by a comment on the post for this on our page, your entry must still be 127 characters or fewer (to make it fair with the twitter folks).
- Comment on this post: Submit your entry in 127 characters or fewer by leaving a comment on this post, make sure to include a valid e-mail address with your comment so that we can contact you if you win!
The contest will be open for exactly one week starting now and closing at 11:59 pm EST on Friday, May 21st.
Please make your entry on each site unique, if we notice any duplicate postings by people (either by the same method or entering the same idea on all three) it will only count as one entry and you’ll have reduced your chances of winning.
Now on to the good part: the prizes! The Critical Hits staff will be the judges for this contest, once the window for entries is closed we will review them and as a group determine which three adventure ideas we think are the best. There will be one winner per method of entry (Twitter, Facebook, and comments here), with the best entry of those three winning the grand prize!
Grand Prize Package:
- Player’s Handbook 3
- PHB Races: Dragonborn
- A selection of Geeky Clean Soaps
- Uber Goober DVD
- A Treasure Horde Generator Pack, courtesy of Chaotic Shiny Productions
- Krod Mandoon Season 1 on DVD
We may end up adding even more prizes to these lists as we determine exactly what we have and what we can get a hold of for the contest.
This contest is heavily inspired by The Chatty DM’s 10-word Adventure Contest and his Tell Me About Your PC Twitter Contest. If you’re looking for some inspiration, check those contests out but we will be on the look out for simply reposts from those contests so be as original as you can! Phil’s past contests have gone so well that we can only hope this one will have the same amount of success.
Fine print: We reserve the right to disqualify entries at our sole discretion.